Executive, Partnerships, Retail Products and Media
An entry level position into the world of financial markets where you will be:
- collaborating with major international data vendors while working in local and ASEAN bond market space
- developing strategies and expanding retail value for BPAM's products
- managing the company’s branding and product campaigns, media and general public communications
- organising hallmark company and market events within the Malaysian bond market space
- Manage and administer BPAM's business partner relationships
- Identify business opportunities through strategic collaborations and partnerships
- Support BPAM's activities in the ASEAN region and beyond
- Plan, manage and execute effective public relations and communications
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with media and training partners
- Organise client briefings, networking events, roundtables and ad hoc industry trainings
- Participate in project teams for fixed income data system design, research and strategic business development
- Network building with market participants, agencies and regulators
- Young and dynamic Malaysians with 1-2 years' experience in Treasury/Fund Management/Banking
- Fresh graduates with internship experience in International Business, Finance and/or Public Relations role would be an advantage
- Analytical and focused mindset to grasp the complexities of the financial markets
- Interest in finance with an outgoing personality
- Strong social, communication and presentation skills. Good command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite
- Excels when working in small and enthusiastic teams looking to achieve big things
Pricing Analyst / Specialist
- Valuation of Fixed Income and other financial instruments by undertaking thorough quantitative & qualitative research (Credit, Market & Financial Mathematics aspects) on Malaysian Fixed Income Instruments for the assigned portfolio in accordance with a preset valuation methodology
- Address client queries for the assigned portfolio
- Build market network with major Lead Arrangers, Traders, Dealers, Asset Managers and Regulators
- Undertake ad-hoc advisory work and provide written commentaries in relation to Malaysian Fixed Income Instruments for in-house as well as external publications
- Contribute to and participate in the development of new products and services via inter-department collaborations
- Sound understanding of fixed income instruments, preferably with 1-2 years of related experience
- Graduate in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related fields
- Proficient English. Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities
- A good team player with an aptitude for initiatives, willingness to learn and to take up challenges
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, flexibility and quick-thinking abilities while working under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Understanding of financial concepts and theories as well as financial mathematics
- Analytical mindset with commercial awareness of the development in the fixed income markets and general economic conditions
- Credit Analysis knowledge would be a definite advantage
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel applications will be an added advantage
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) holders will have an added advantage, where graduate degree is not in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related fields
- Strategizing and executing marketing, sales and client support plans for the client portfolio
- Participating in project teams for fixed income data system design, research and strategic business development
- Assisting in client briefings, entertainment and media events
- Working with bond market participants, agencies and regulators
- Fresh graduates in Business Administration, Marketing and/or Finance are encouraged to apply. 1-2 years experience in Treasury/Fund Management/Banking would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite
- Analytical and focused mind set able to grasp the complexities of the financial markets
- Excels when working in small and enthusiastic teams wanting to achieve big things
- Develop, enhance and support current products such as the bond valuation system, bond indices and risk engines
- Conduct analyses to verify and optimize product innovations and models
- Research write-ups and produce financial topics for presentations, journals and financial/business publications
- Manage projects from conceptualisation to completion stage
- A reputable university degree in a quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with securities markets, fixed income product valuations, indices, credit and market risks concepts
- Competent at programming with Excel-VBA, Visual Basic 6.0 and ASP.NET C#
- Basic understanding of database structures and use of SQL and PL/SQL
- Commendable proficiency for report writing and project documentations
- Driven and willing to take up challenges
- Analytical mindset, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Resourceful and able to use own initiatives to solve problems
- Proficient English. Good written and communication skills
- Passion for working with numbers and programming languages
Data & Content Management Executive
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data Collection
- Monitor and verify data from external sources.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Determine data needed and appropriate data sources for new projects.
- Data Management
- Ensure data system is operational.
- Troubleshoot data error issues.
- Develop and implement new data collection process and system designs.
- Use SQL to access database and view/extract/manage data.
- Data Reporting and Analysis
- Generate and verify routine reports on a timely basis.
- Evaluate existing systems to enhance operations.
- Develop ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Work closely with IT department to design, troubleshoot and improve processes.
- Candidate must possess at least a degree qualification in Data Analytics, Finance, Statistics or other related field.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Able to communicate in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Proficiency in SQL, MS Excel, data collection, data reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of bond fundamentals, database management and data modelling will be a value added.
- Able to work independently, take initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and communicate well with others.
- Maintain, and monitor database to ensure the database's performance, integrity, and security
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Develop stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers and views
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Providing support, guidance and collaborating with Application Developers to implement database design, and review developer’s work to ensure correct implementation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to effectively plan and execute overall project tasks
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- At least Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Minimum 1 year working experience as database developer
- Basic understanding of database structures and use of SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge and experience in using Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Appliance
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery process
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills includes troubleshooting with solid communication skills
- Ensure clarity on priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Able to work across with peers to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Able to work independently with self-initiative and able to work under stress
- Able to contribute ideas for new products and improvement
- Knowledge in financial and bond market will be an added advantage